


Today I made a visit to the Pasar Malam ("night Market") to the area, Taman Dr Tun Dr Ismail in search of the local snack nampak udang (literally translates to "look at the shrimp/prawn). It is made of gelatinous rice with a spicy shrimp paste inside. Anyway, take my word for it (for those not familiar), it's good. There are fruit, veggie, clothes, bags/purses, and a mecca of stalls of food, local food, that is. Just walking the stalls just smelling the odor of local cuisine is just enough to make yourself stop and say you are hungry, when you are not. When I opened my eyes I think I was frozen in my hunger. I won't go into detail everything I ate but all I can say it is good to be back in Malaysia: my stomach is always eager for more. PS. There goes the waistline.
No comments:
Post a Comment