Monday, July 20, 2009

Taj Mahal: Free Entry but...

Photos goto http://picasaweb.google.com/advgal/Taj?feat=directlink
Agra. 1745hrs 20 July 2009. Free entry. All of India is at the Taj gates. Big mistake. I am going to return tomorrow at 6am. Can't even stand in a single file line without being pushed out from the line with hands groping me on both shoulders and the little girl behind me picking her nose and no doubt leaving her nose droppings on my shirt as her mother constantly groped my shoulders and the kid tugging at mt shirt. What is with these people? WTF. So free entry and the Taj 350th birthday. With the unbearable humidity and swelling ankle on fire I was in no mood to be grabbed. Felt like the time at that Laxmi temple in Delhi on the city tour where we had 30 minutes to go in. But it took 10 minutes to deposit my shoes at the shoe counter and another 10 to pick em up. So only 10 minutes to run inside not including another 5 minute of security check leaving 5 minutes to view the inside. These crazy Indians. Even some Indians on the tour were shaking their heads. So not all of India is insane. What is with these people that they can't just queue? Then, inside the Taj I sat down to nurse my ankle at a bench. Out of the swarms of visitors about 5 young fellas approached me and started to bug the shit out of me. Ok hello is fine. Where you from ok. Are you married? How much you pay for hotel? Then out of nowhere, you have 5 rupees? You have 10 rupees? Why the f**k can they not leave you alone? I just said I want to be left alone nice talking. No they don't get the hint. They continue. Another 5 minutes and the questioning continues. I finally respond it is people like you who make tourist want to leave India the minute they get here. Unbelievable. The questioning continues. I finally yell at them saying I am not a bank and leave me the hell alone. I clocked this whole thing. A long 15 minutes. Jeez. Can't even sit and enjoy the Taj lawns. I can't wait to get to Nepal. I have really had enough. Yesterday in Jaipur it was just as bad. I won't get into it. This is my 7th week and my tolerance has expired. Coming back to Delhi from Ladakh was a major culture shock. I am fed up. Enough pushy Indian attitudes.

No comments: