Saturday, November 7, 2009
Next 5 months, Internet less frequent
The flight to London from Singapore was good. Difference being on a plane full of Brits vs a plane full of Asians is the cleanliness, esp the toilets. Got in around 0440 and found my way on the public transport with no one else around then walked around and got lost before finding my place of lodging. Anyway it is good to be back in London. I always enjoy this city but not the weather. Stupid me bought too many Singles on the tube my 1st day before someone pointed out that I should have either gotten a One Day Pass or the Oyster card. Singles cost GBP4 but per ride is only GBP1.60 on the Oyster. So it was what I did the 2nd day. Met and am meeting up with a few travelers I have met in the past and it has been great. I leave for Gibraltar tomorrow and then onwards to Morocco. Internet access will be limited so bear with me as I post anything or get back to anyone. The other exciting thing that happened to me on the 1st day was a trying to use a 5 pound note my father handed me before I left. I was told it was a fake. Then I brought it to the bank and was asked if it was a joke that if I knew it was a fake. Duh. So it was after all. ATMs with zero fees I found load off on Victoria street. Always on the lookout for zero fees ATMs. Over and out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment