So again I find myself with no closed shoes and am going volcano boarding to Cerri Negro volcano tomorrow. The cheapest closed footwear I could find in town were a pair of Converse All Star ankle cut for $17. Yeap even the tennis footwear at Payless Shoes was pricier. Interesting that Converse footwear is alive and well in Nicaragua - the brand is very popular with the university crowd. The brand loss popularity in the States way back in early 2001 but seems to be alive here in Central America. For the same pair I bought, these were selling for $50 on the Converse online store. Interesting find today.
Earlier today at the main cathedral of Leon off the parque central, which happens to be the largest cathedral in Central America, I paid to go up the bell tower. After coming down, I noticed a group of people go down into the floor of the cathedral- so I followed. Just as I was about to descend a ticket guy stopped me to ask where my ticket was. My response was that it appeared that they charge everytime I changed elevations inside the inglesia. His response was that if I stayed on one level that it was free! Ridiculous that you have to pay to go into the ground but I am fine paying to see a view. Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment