Saturday, July 5, 2008
Only in America
Once again I have been given the last minute notice you are out of work. Why is it that when I have spoken with people who have worked everywhere else in the world but the USA that they tell me that they have to give advance notice or are given advance notice. Employees are treated as working commodities in America and no value is placed on their welfare. Professional courtesy out the door. This is not the 1st time I have experienced this. It is not just the pimps who do this but the employers as well. Well, I'd say it's their lost. It is true it is me, me and me for every entity, individual or organization...that positive cash flow and maximum profit is the beast that drives us all, and in so doing capitalism shines in its glory on one sacred country on Planet Earth. Too bad this diseases is spreading to Asia. The world will never be the same again. The irony of it is that every shareholder is also an employee to some employer. So if you aren't working to please your company's shareholders, then you expect the employees of the companies of the stocks you hold to do just that. That, is one vicious circle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment