Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Gain of 60% in Humidity!

 
 
 
The humidity has gone up 60% and I felt it today. Ugh! You wanna take like 10 showers a day. I am staying at this hostel for the first 3 nights while I took the first day to sort myself out. I met up wth my Spanish teachers, took money out and found an apartment for the nesxt month. It was fairly painless. I just realized I took my last hot shower overnighting in LAX. Bleh. Who wants to take a hot shower here anyway? At first I found the homestay family's digs really nice. I went to see it while accompanying another American student back from the school. He said it wasn't too bad. I went to have a look, a separate guest house unit from the main family home propped atop a hill with a view of the bay. Oh, but the walk! Then as I strolled around town I found a studio to call home for awhile. Just a short 3 minute walk away is a great sunset at a bar (see pictures) and I tried my first Nica beer "Tona". Oh man the humidity, what can I say, compared to dry desert, I was spoilt. Then finally, came the mosquitoes!! I had my 100% deet ready. I surprised myself today as I found my Spanish had come back to a fluency I did not experiece in the States. Off to a good start, I think I will be able to deal with the mosquitoes and humidity. I am drowning in sweat as I write this, I don't even know what dry heat feels like anymore.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: