1. non Zonies (people who don't live in AZ) on their first visit to the desert
2. Zonies who are about to leave (Example - me)
I think I am going insane taking photos of saguaros. I am taking as many as I did on my first visit to Arizona. Now that I am leaving, I am taking just as many. It is similar to that syndrome where a Zonie sees a patch of snow up in Flagstaff and gets all excited. Having lived in the NY and OH, where one regularly dug out the snow off the top of one's car on heavy snow days, I must admit, that into my 2nd year living in Arizona, I got excited seeing some snow in Flag - I stopped my car and got out to look.
Snow and saguaro - these 2 things definitely have something in common: people's fascination, but it depends where you are coming from.
No comments:
Post a Comment