Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why Do We Put Things off to the Last Minute?

As my days count down in Arizona, I am scrambling to get all the hiking in. Until recently it was too hot. But it is cooler now and I have my mind set on 2 more trails. Between this and finalizing my stuff to be shipped, it is quite a chore. I am shipping stuff in 3 categories: 1 way move, 1 year travel and 1 month short term. It is challenging to get everything within reach tucked away and to be remembered where the hack the thing is. It doesn't surprise me how like everyone else I am squeezing something in the last minute: in my case, some of Arizona's best hiking trails. Annoying on one hand, hell on the legs on the other. It took about 3 days to recover from my hike up Picacho Peak. The last 2 are the Peralta Trail in the Superstition Mountains, and Siphon Draw trail in the Lost Dutchman Park. I have done both before but just got to get that last hike in. And in between regular visits to Squaw Peak and Camelback will become an every other day affair if at all. I will be "Arizona hiked out" come Departure Day. I think we are all procrastinators at heart. Lazy in some ways. We get things done under pressure. That is why we put things off to the last minute.

No comments: