Thursday, April 9, 2009

Take off again, from LAX

Wed, Apr 8 2009, 14:07 local time. I am sitting at LAX waiting for my flight to Paris CDG and then onward to Casablanca (which funnily enough means "White House" in Spanish and was the name of the place I stayed in Taganga, Colombia.) This morning as I walked through airport security in Phoenix airport, the TSA guy recognized me from 2005 when I pass through with a stun gun on my way to San Diego. That's another story but I had completely forgotten to take the stun gun out of my bag. Then there was a serial rapist killer running around Phoenix so I got one for personal protection. This time I was greeted with a surprise "how r u, Mam, off again to California?" as I wisked by the TSA booth. The TSA officer recognized me and stop to greet me. Amazing he still remembered me. He told me that he hadn't caught anyone with the same stun gun since I was stopped in 2005. Like I said, that's another story.

I am not looking forward to flying in and out of CDG as the airport has the reputation for lost baggage. There is 4 hour transit time before my flight to Casablanca. I HOPE MY BAGS SHOW UP! I really can't afford to have lost luggage. On top of thing, I am flying Air France. Not my favorite to spend time in the friendly skies with the rude french. "You must speeek English becoz yuuu rrr in France." The phrase I have heard too many times. Ugh.

Anyhow, I have left Phoenix for the 2nd time and this time I do not know when I will be back. Could be EOY '09. All depends on the Oz thing. I got my taxes in after 36 straight hours of crunch time. Pages of schedule D and C with all deductions, I still got a refund. Cool beans. I am out. This is my last entry from the U.S.A. Next report from Morocco.

No comments: