Sunday, February 8, 2009

Argentine Futbal




So I managed to get tickets for the River Plate vs Colon futbal (soccer to the Yanks) at the el Monumento stadium in Belgrano tomorrow [It is the largest stadium in Argentina can hold up to 110K people and is home to the River Plate Futbal team]. It is interesting to note that all the tourist want to go to a Boca Juniors game and miraculously the price more than doubles. Hmmm. Anway looking forward to it... today went to catch a free guided tour to tha Casa Rosada only to find out English tours weren't offered. The tours had just started and no coordination effort had been set up to set that up. Contrary to write ups on the Net, English tours weren't available today. So I joined the Spanish guide and tweaked my brain to digest most words. There were a few people in the group who joined to be able to see the interior but doubt they understood Spanish, judging by their facial expressions. Probably skewed expressions like mine. Provisions for English speakers are not widespread on BA tours as you can see. Went to watch some jazz last night to club near where I am staying. Blew my mind. VERY EXCELLENT. And entry was only USD5.00! Found this ticket outlet place and a tix to some show. I don't know what it is but a few of my new Argentine friends and I are going. It was USD4.00, so! [photos] "Statue"-Saw this fellow on Calle Florida today. He's not a statue, he's a man. Dropped something in his hat and was given a small crystal stone he was giving out to all donors. [Police/Guard] Presidential guard and military at the Casa Rosada. [Room] Presidential press room in the Casa Rosada. Was disappointed the tour didn't let the public see the interior of the balcony where Eva Peron made her famous speech.

No comments: