After an early morning stumble back from clubbing, my drooling mind drove me into Burger King today. The one thing I was craving were the french fries. The one thing I notice are there are no fat people in BK. There are no fat people around. Period. Like in China, I thought the BK was clean. The staff more professional. I think for McD's and BK in foreign countries one feels proud to be working with an American company. The manager seemed professional at the BK. I chatted briefly with him. I got the impression that an Argentine gets paid decent, not minimum like in the US. Anyhow I couldn't get any exact numbers. I saw a TGI Friday's 2 doors down from Starbucks today and McDonalds. Boy did I run fast the other way. The thing about being in a big city, you walk. You get your exercise. I don't feel compelled to take the bus or Subte, when I think of all the calories I burn off walking. Even the locals whom I ask for directions think I am nuts when I tell them I want to walk. It may take an hour but how often do you get to be in a city and the opp to burn the cals? By Argentine standards I am fat. People are not fat here. It is a different view. Really. I visited the Evita Museo today. Very educational. She did much for the people of Argentina. I am off to Uruguay tomorrow to check out the famous Bikini Beach in Punta del Este. As you can see from the photos, no need to feel homesick. Starbucks, TGI Fridays, McDonalds. Oh boy. They are EVERYWHERE. A sure sign the place is a TOURIST place.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
BA: Where the fat people go?
After an early morning stumble back from clubbing, my drooling mind drove me into Burger King today. The one thing I was craving were the french fries. The one thing I notice are there are no fat people in BK. There are no fat people around. Period. Like in China, I thought the BK was clean. The staff more professional. I think for McD's and BK in foreign countries one feels proud to be working with an American company. The manager seemed professional at the BK. I chatted briefly with him. I got the impression that an Argentine gets paid decent, not minimum like in the US. Anyhow I couldn't get any exact numbers. I saw a TGI Friday's 2 doors down from Starbucks today and McDonalds. Boy did I run fast the other way. The thing about being in a big city, you walk. You get your exercise. I don't feel compelled to take the bus or Subte, when I think of all the calories I burn off walking. Even the locals whom I ask for directions think I am nuts when I tell them I want to walk. It may take an hour but how often do you get to be in a city and the opp to burn the cals? By Argentine standards I am fat. People are not fat here. It is a different view. Really. I visited the Evita Museo today. Very educational. She did much for the people of Argentina. I am off to Uruguay tomorrow to check out the famous Bikini Beach in Punta del Este. As you can see from the photos, no need to feel homesick. Starbucks, TGI Fridays, McDonalds. Oh boy. They are EVERYWHERE. A sure sign the place is a TOURIST place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's funny. Isn't it amazing that they have fast food restaurants, yet they are still slim? Exercising is the key...
How are the people with their kids? Do they expect everyone else to watch them like in America? Do they "mind" them and teach them not to run in front of a car when it's moving? Rebecca
Post a Comment